Graham Corporation’s earliest roots extend back to 1936 when Harold M. Graham first incorporated Graham Manufacturing Company. While the company’s headquarters have remained in Batavia, New York since 1942, its reputation has extended around the globe. During World War II, Graham supplied steam ejectors, surface condensers, and heat exchangers for shipboard applications. After the war, the Company shifted to the engineering and manufacturing of customized vacuum systems, surface condensers, and heat transfer products for the industry. It developed a broad customer base in the oil refining, petrochemical, chemical, fertilizer, and power generation market. Graham also supplies critical equipment and components for the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program supporting aircraft carriers and submarine assets for our Nation’s defense.
Bob Barber and Ken Nichols founded Barber-Nichols as a turbomachinery engineering company in 1966. Early on they saw the need to broaden the company’s capabilities to include manufacturing and testing their innovative designs. Recently, Barber-Nichols has grown rapidly to provide services for programs that involve complex production and system integration within Space, Energy, Defense, and Cryogenics industries. BN is located in Arvada, Colorado, a suburb of Denver.
GHM has acquired P3 Technologies, LLC (“P3”), a custom turbomachinery engineering, product development, and manufacturing business for the space, new energy, and medical markets. Based in Jupiter, Florida, P3 has established a strong reputation in developing state-of-the-art rotating machinery, including pumps, compressors, and turbines and are specialists in high-speed rotors and cryogenic pumps. With an experienced team of highly skilled gas turbine engineers, P3’s development process results in innovative solutions to complex technical challenges.